The bigger picture: Shaping our industry’s future
Are you following the organizations our industry turns to for updates and education?
In our third segment, learn who veterans of the vision benefits industry rely on for reliable data, news and industry trends. Who are the industry influencers?
The Vision Council
The Vision Council is the voice of the supply side of the optical industry. Members include frame manufacturers, lens companies and labs.
The Council produces the 2 largest vision industry trade shows – International Vision Expo East, held each spring in New York City, and International Vision Expo West, happening in the fall in Las Vegas. The Expos attract representatives from every sector of vision and showcase the best and newest technology, vision care services, lenses and frames the dynamic industry has to offer.
In addition, the council produces industry research like VisionWatch and data analysis we incorporate into strategic planning. EyeMed has also worked with The Vision Council’s research resources on independent analysis.
“Few experiences capture the vision industry’s creativity and passion better than the Vision Expos produced by The Vision Council. Attending one of these shows – the largest vision exhibits in North America – is a unique opportunity to appreciate the full range of frames available to consumers as well as the innovation that’s redefining lenses and labs. The supply side of vision impacts EyeMed’s financial performance in ways unique to Luxottica. As the EssilorLuxottica merger is finalized, there’s no time like the present to check out The Vision Council.”
– Hector Rincon, vice president, product & innovation
Jobson Optical Group
If you read Vision Monday or receive VM Alerts in your email box, you’re already a step ahead. Regular readers are on top of vision industry news and trends and are generally in the know. People who don’t read Vision Monday are generally out of the loop on need-to-know information like the news bytes below:
- The Vision Council’s latest VisionWatch survey, released through Vision Monday, reported there were 110,000 more exams performed in the first quarter of 2017 than in the first quarter of 2016.
- Vision Monday readers weren’t surprised to see the new Think About Your Eyes television spots on America’s Got Talent and cable networks like USA, Comedy Central and Fx. They had already viewed the new television ads online and knew the launch was slated for August.
- Earlier this month, Vision Monday delivered breaking news about the Highmark-Centerbridge deal, combining Davis Vision and Superior Vision to create a 33-million member managed vision care entity.
- And when Luxottica hosts several optometric students from across the nation at the CSC in early September for its first EyeFWD session, designed to educate these soon-to-be doctors of optometry about the business side of vision, Vision Monday readers won’t ask “who are these people?”
The Jobson Optical Group integrates print, web, research, data licensing and custom publishing solutions for every part of the industry. Jobson’s footprint is the reason Luxottica considers Vision Monday to be the company’s most important North America editorial contact.
Sign up for the Vision Monday digital or hard copy publications or alerts of most interest at http://www.visionmonday.com/subscribe/
“You can work in managed care for decades and never know about Jobson Optical Group. But if you work in optical, Vision Monday is essential reading. And EyeMed trusts Jobson’s research and analysis to track industry trends and support our own planning process.”
– Kevin Hilst, vice president, strategic partner sales and account management
Employee Benefit News
And to follow the trends in benefits, follow Employee Benefit News (EBN). There are a number of quality benefit publications read by brokers, benefit administrators and benefit companies, but EBN offers the most robust, targeted coverage and resources related to employee benefits. The digital platform is designed to respond to reader behavior, so the topics featured most often signal what readers are clicking through and spending time reviewing – another way to track what’s trending in the industry.
Register for EBN updates at https://www.benefitnews.com/resources.
“When I moved to the benefits side of vision, I found EBN to be a great resource for better understanding this dynamic industry and the issues impacting the clients and brokers we work with. It’s also one of our prime targets for media placements. More than 100,000 senior decision makers are registered with EBN because the content is timely and worth their time and attention.”
– Holly Ingram, sr manager, communications